Through my adventures of not drinking coffee and/or booze, this is what I have learnt. A relationship reset has been great for my mental and physical health:
- If I am thirsty - drink water
- If I am dehydrated - drink water
- If I am tired - sleep, there is no substitute!
- If I fancy a drink - I’m bored, drink water or find something to do
- If I “need” a coffee - I need sleep, don’t give in, it is a vicious downward spiral
- If I want a tasty beverage - enjoy a coffee/whisk(e)y with a glass of water. Ideally with a good friend
- Don’t make a habit of it, it is a treat